Viewers

Monday 6 July 2015

Food: Crazy Crab @ Ara Damansara

Have you heard of Crazy Crab before?

No?

It's haven for crabbie lovers (eater)!! It's quite a big restaurant and around the time from 7 pm to 8.30 pm, there's a waiting list and numerous time, even at 6 something, you'll see crowds are filling up the empty space. And the food is worth my time! I don't think you can miss this sign anywhere and it's huge enough for the naked eyes to sight.

I don't know about you but I trust that sign! Crazy people at Crazy Crabs! Maybe all the pampering on the crabs explained the size of it which I'm going to show you later. You may want to get pampered like the crabs but I sure won't want to get eaten by humans. 


First up, steamed tiger prawn with a really tasty sauce. Simple yet really good if dipped with the flavorful sauce. Prawns are well steamed, no slight overcooked in it.The sauce was actually soy sauce, lemon grass and some elements that I'm not too sure but there was the combination of sweet, sour, salty and spicy! With the scent of lemon grass in it, it makes the flavorful into a whole new level. It may be small though for a tiger prawn or it could just normal typical prawn which I'm not so sure.


Sorry it's half taken, but people couldn't wait for it. Stir-fried noodles with clams or we called it Lala (small little camps). If I am not mistaken, those are glass noddle. It may look very simple but it taste like ocean if I want to exaggerate but it did pack with the good flavor and the crunch of the long beans. There's slight sweetness but not salty enough for me. That's just me, I prefer salty food. 


Anchovies fried rice that has great flavor texture from the fire. We always say that stir-fried must always have enough heat from the fire and the way you use the wok. That's what bring the flavor of a dish. The small anchovies gives a great crunch when eating alongside with  the rice. Again, not salty enough for me. Soon, I'm going to have high blood pressure (don't jinx me).



 LAMB CHOP! Oh YES, LAMB CHOP!! Crabs not just yet but it's going to be there. Oh gosh, I really recommend people to take this because it's so tender, flavorful, melts in your mouth and just right. Enough said. I guess that's just it but the charred on the meat gives a good crunch as well. Crunch on the outside, soft on the inside. And take it as large portion so the next day, you can enjoy it!


Nothing much I could say, tasty but plain. I do like the little spice and it's fried nicely which gives a good texture. Nothing much I could say.




Finally, CRABS. Butter Crab cooked in a claypot. The butter wasn't very oily and it tasted very well with the crab. Enough saltyness and sweetness in the gravy. If you have plain rice and mix with the gravy could be a meal just itself. Adding on the flavorful, doesn't overpowered the natural taste of the crab. Nothing much I could say about this but it's one of the good buttery meal I had before.


 Now, this is the highlight of the dish. Steamed crab are hard to taste the sweetness in the meat if the crab is not fresh. It's a risky move but they have done it very well especially I came to dine in few times. The meat are just sweet and well cooked which I believe that's the taste of the ocean. It brought me to the beach and the scent of the clean ocean. Even the soy sauce with steamed egg below, it taste sweet and salty which suits the flavorful of the steamed crab. It's very similar to my first dish which was the steamed prawn. Adding on, looked at the size of pincers! packed with juicy meat.

I guess that's the true taste of the ocean (To me).

The price are pretty pricey but at the same time, it's really worth the money as you can't find a seafood restaurant near the beach. Great meal for celebration, families or company dinner.

Address: Central Piazza, Oasis Square Ara Damansara, No 2 Jalan PJU 1A/7A

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia



No comments:

Post a Comment