Viewers

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Film: Waterborne (Australia)



I have always been a zombie-genre lover ever since Resident Evil game comes out but the only problem would be I don't play it but just watching it would have already satisfied me. This also applied to watching in a cinema. 

I dislike watching horror and thriller film in the cinema but I would watch it in my laptop because I can just mute it. Yes, I dislike the fear and adrenaline rushing through my veins or I would be screaming non-stop and might died from it. Anyway, I'm not going talk about my personal matter that soon. 

‘Waterborne’ is a short horror / zombie film written by Melbourne writers Ryan Coonan and Richard Barcaricchio, directed by Ryan Coonan. It’s a prequel to a full-length feature film, currently in development, and was produced by Marisa Brown of Octopod films.

Basically, the film set place in a preservative area/outback where I suppose it's for the wild animals like the kangaroos. When a local ranger stumbled upon a pond full of dead fish and covered with unidentified algae. He knows that something's not right. As soon as the sun goes down, there's another threat lurking around. It seems not only humans are turning into the undead but animals too. 

Zombies kangaroo preying on humans is a first. At least it's not mutated abnormal creature like in those Resident Evil movies. No I'm not dissing about those franchise but they have cool mutated zombies right? Anyway, I can't wait for this featured film! 


I enjoyed the setting of this film which I prefer than the cityscape. Something different - it may only be as prequel of this film set at the outback, but I believe it will be a good featured length film for zombie movie-goers. It's a very simple short film about people getting infected but the cause of the infection is where the tittle says it all. 


Simply to say, it has a short start but escalated very quickly on the same night. I think it's fine for me it escalated quickly as I already know what's the cause. A good prequel short film for a soon to come movie. That's about it. 


Kudos to the cast and crew.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5


Zombie Kangaroo is all I need.

For more info, click here 




No comments:

Post a Comment