Viewers

Sunday 20 September 2015

Games: Metal Gear Solid V: Phamtom Pain




Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain released on the 1st of September and this open world game is a one hit wonder. Reviews and critics giving this fifth branch 10 out of 10 or 4 out of 5 which is considered pretty high for a mainstream game. My best bet would be the fact of being open world and as well the feature game is simply fun and creative.

Heads up for spoiler and this is just my personal review.

The game is entirely made with side missions, companion to assist you, variety of animals can be captured, easy extraction gadget, slow-motion sequence, top-notch boss battle, comedical miscellaneous at the mother base and the infamous, Solid Snake box with more functions.

The controls overall may seem complicated with a lot of function and every button have their own specific tools. After a few missions, you will definitely get a hang of it, but most of the time, it doesn't require you to hold it long for every action. I personally haven't tested out the controls of the game yet even though I have a PS4 but I am too lazy to get it and money doesn't exactly grow in my bank account easily.

There are few main features I would like to talk about.

Side Buddies is one of a good feature if you don't want to have to have a lonely mission or whenever you are in tight spot. Usually people prefer a solo trip, but I believe the horse is one of the fastest way to reach your destination and as well, it cannot be killed. I have watched videos of the horse got blasted by a grenade but still able to bounce back up and continuing to transport the character. Besides that, you could have a wolf to sneak up new animals or gnaw at the soldiers, but it will always want your love or soldiers like Quiet (the only boss will help you out after defeating her) that will sniped out and kill whoever come close contact with you.

Weapon customization is a new feature in MGS overall after you completed a certain mission. This beautiful feature lets you choose the best and strongest weapon you can create as long as you have enough GMP (cash). Adding on, you can as well choose colors to match your desire and as well an emblem as part of your signature. It is very handy when you have to deal with major bosses. Besides weapon, you can even customize your helicopter color and as well, the platform of the base.

There may be limited item you can choose (compare to previous MGS) and only one side buddy for every mission but you will know all the things you are carrying before commencing a mission. Basically a status report before you select the time that you wish to go to that place. Specifically, you can choose the time that you wish to go either morning or evening, but depending on you, the activities of the soldiers will be more frequent if you keep choosing the same time over and over.

Variety of missions are another plus point - ranging from the main mission to time limit side mission. Most the missions were all about capturing a target, destroying the object or boss battle.
Oh yes, most of the boss battles are insanely time consuming especially you have to deal with The Skulls (one of the boss that is annoyingly to deal with) so ideally, it is suitable for players that are strategic and doesn't give up easily as it really gets harder and harder. If you keep dying and dying, my best bet would be you would throw the controller somewhere and going to leave the game alone.

The slow motion occurs whenever an enemy sees you and you might have enough time to kill it or sedate it. This concept pretty similar to Hitman Absolution game if you have played it. It is a very useful concept and pretty much, it is a cheat way. Adding on from this concept, you have the time to kill or sedate will give an overall result and which rank are you after the mission so everything you did will be recorded and the amount of destruction will deduct your money; depending on how will the situation be.

Lastly, it would be acquiring supports and as well drops (items, ammo and etc). The items that you need, you could just give a call and select the location for it drop. Once done, it will go towards the destination you assign. It is considered very useful when you are out of ammo. Although it may be useful and you can stun your enemy as well by dropping on their head but everything comes with a cost. So if you have enough GMP then be my guest to make your money rain.

In terms of storyline, I would say MGS5 looks like a whole new game. It doesn't seem to be a spin-off of their previous branch, but even though they have used old characters back into the game, I personally think it is a new standalone game. I personally watched all the past of Metal Gear Solid game from the first one ever, but I guarantee that I may be wrong as my memories are pretty faded. You will definitely find some old characters that has been aged or into a new character based on Metal Gear Solid wikia I have researched. There are still some plot holes of the game as I believe they still need to lengthen the game to cover the plot holes. And also, for the first time ever, they included child soldiers where I find it very interesting as if you kill it, the mission fails so you have sedate it, but the story behind usually associated the current situation of that country (maybe).

I believe there are still more function but I may not have found the right video of it. All the features I mentioned are the one I have personally watched throughout the gameplay. I may not be the best one to critic or review about it, but I have tried my best from the knowledge I gained.

Here are the links for all the videos I have watched.

1) theRadBrad
2) Tetra Ninja
3) 20 Random Things by The Zone Gamer (You can play as a woman as well in the single mode campaign)
4) Tips & Tricks by Dante and Holly

I will definitely get the game....soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment